Norwegian Salmon Fricassee with Hard Cider
Nevada Berg shares this recipe for Salmon Fricassee with Hard Cider - a hearty dish full of flavor, perfect for those colder fall/winter days. Follow her on Instagram @northwildkitchen and at www.northwildkitchen.com for more.
Cooking timeOver 60 min
- Peel, half and cut carrots, parsnip, and leek at an angle into large bite-size pieces.
- Cut salmon into large pieces.
- In a large, heavy pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, parsnips, and leeks and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add the hard cider and thyme and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the stock and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon pieces on top, cover with a lid, and cook for about 8 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide the salmon fricassee among bowls and garnish with fresh dill. The salmon should be soft and flaky and the vegetables a little al dente. Serve as is or with boiled potatoes.