Creamy Baked Norwegian Salmon Parcels with Vegetables
Cookbook author and award-winning food writier, Nevada Berg, shares a deliciously simple salmon recipe that can change to fit every season. Follow her work on Instagram @NorthWildKitchen and at www.northwildkitchen.com for more.
Cooking time20-30 min
- Preheat the oven 350ºF (180ºC). Cut 4 rectangles of parchment paper that measure roughly 15 x 17 inches (38 x 40 cm). Cut 4 pieces of string that measure roughly 10 inches (25 cm).
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin short strips. Thinly slice fennel, leeks, and zucchini. Cut broccoli or broccolini into small florets In a large bowl, add the carrot, fennel, broccoli florets, leek, zucchini, lemon zest, and juice of ½ lemon, and toss until combined.
- Divide the vegetables equally among the parchment papers, placing them in the center of each one. Finely chop some fresh dill and sprinkle on top of the vegetables.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Place 1 tablespoon of butter on each of the salmon fillets.
- Divide the heavy cream equally among the parchment papers, pouring the cream around the sides of the salmon fillets and on top of the vegetables.
- Loosely fold each paper into a parcel and tie the tops with the strings.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through and easily flakes off with a fork.
- To serve, place each parcel on top of a plate and let each person open their own.