Mediterranean Baked Cod
This Mediterranean-inspired baked cod with olives, tomatoes, and oregano is a healthy, flavorful, dinner that makes it to the table in 25 minutes, start to finish! This recipe is brought to you by blogger and influencer, Ari Lang @wellseasonedstudio.
- Preheat an oven to 425F.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels, then season on both sides with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Zest one whole lemon and then thinly slice both lemons. Place lemon slices on the bottom of a baking dish, then place the seasoned fish on top.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then sprinkle on reserved lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, combine halved tomatoes, pitted and halved olives, thinly sliced red onion, and thinly sliced garlic cloves. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar, then season with 1 tsp dried oregano and ½ tsp Kosher salt. Toss well, then pour on top of the cod.
- Bake the fish for 15-18 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches around 140F (this will continue to rise as it rests).
- Serve immediately with your favorite sautéed vegetable, fresh parsley and lemon wedges on the side.