One-Pan Buttery Norwegian Cod with Tomatoes & Peppers
Cooking time40-50 min
- Thinly slice onion and red pepper. Chop garlic and parsley.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, red pepper, and minced garlic, and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the peppers have softened.
- Add the stock, whole tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the tomatoes have broken down.
- Season the cod filets with salt and pepper. Place the cod filets on top of the tomato mixture, cover with a lid, and let cook for 10 minutes or until the cod is cooked through.
- Carefully transfer the cod filets to a serving platter. Add the butter to the tomato mixture and give it a stir until the butter has melted.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the cod filets and garnish with the chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately with your choice of potatoes, crusty bread, salad, or your favorite grain.