Norwegian Red King Crab Tempura Bites
These Norwegian Red King Crab Tempura Bites are the perfect appetizer for entertaining and serving to guests or family. They offer a delicate, crunchy bite of red king crab goodness. Recipe courtesy of chef John Livera.
Norwegian Red King Crab Legs Prep
- Set steamer with a screen and fill with water. Bring to a boil.
- Set the clusters in the steam basket in one even layer.
- Steam for 5-7 minutes and remove.
- Remove shell by gently cutting with scissors.
- Slice removed crab into 3-inch sections and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine gochujang, gochugaru, lemon juice, finely minced green onion and mayonnaise. Mix until combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the tempura batter by adding the potato starch and flour. Stir in the chilled carbonoted water with the potato starch and flour until smooth.
- Preheat oil to 375F in a pan or deep fryer.
- In another bowl, crack the Potato Stix's in 1/4 inch pieces.
- Dust each section of King Crab with cornstarch then dip into the tempura batter allowing any excess batter to drip off.
- Roll to coat King Crab in the cracked Potato Stix's and place in hot oil. Fry for 3-5 minutes until golden and crispy. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil before serving.
- Garnish the bites with sliced green onions and 2 lemon wedges for serving.